Sitemap · 2023 Dn.com All Rights Reserved
On May 14, 2014, Forward Network's official Weibo account issued an announcement, revealing that their domain had been stolen, resulting in losses of over a hundred million yuan. In today's world, rife with hackers,
On May 14, 2014, Forward Network's official Weibo account issued an announcement, revealing that their domain had been stolen, resulting in losses of over a hundred million yuan. In today's world, rife with hackers, domain thefts and hijacks are occurring almost daily. Baidu, the search engine, hopes that webmasters will not only focus on indexing, traffic, and monetization but also pay close attention to domain security, as domain security is the cornerstone of survival. In previous interactions with webmasters, it was observed that they often harbored the following mindset: the domain control lies entirely with the service provider, and we are in a passive position. So, does this mean webmasters really don't need to do anything and are powerless?
I. The Severe Consequences of Domain Hijacking
1. Domain resolution to another address, causing users to be unable to access the website, resulting in reduced website traffic.
2. Generating a large number of subdomains through wildcard resolution, all pointing to other addresses (often malicious spam websites).
3. Domain resolution to malicious phishing websites, leading to user financial losses.
4. When the content interferes with search results after a domain hijacking, to ensure user experience and security, Baidu search engine will temporarily suspend indexing and displaying the domain until strict verification and confirmation are carried out before reopening it.
II. How to Reduce the Risk of Domain Hijacking and Minimize Losses
1. Set complex passwords for your domain registrar and the email used for registration, and change them regularly. If you use a separate DNS service, ensure the passwords are also set as mentioned above. Additionally, avoid using the same username and password across multiple important registration locations.
2. Set your domain update status to locked, preventing modifications to records through DNS service provider websites. Note that after using this method, all domain resolution changes must be done through the service provider, which may have slower processing times.
3. Regularly check domain account information and domain WHOIS information. Perform daily site checks for unexpected web pages, or use Baidu Cloud Observation for monitoring. This way, you can receive immediate alerts if your domain is resolved to a malicious site (learn more about domain security with Baidu Cloud Observation).
4. Website operators and optimization personnel should routinely inspect website indexes and external link information in detail. If any anomalies are found, investigate them thoroughly.
III. What to Do After Your Domain Is Hijacked
1. Immediately change the passwords for your domain registrar and email with strong, complex passwords, and update them regularly.
2. Remove any DNS resolutions that don't belong to you and restore your DNS settings.
3. If you're using third-party DNS services, promptly change the password for the third-party DNS service account, lock your account information, and enable account SMS or email alerts.
4. Collect all illegally added pages and set them to return a 404 error. Use tools from Baidu Webmaster Platform to submit dead links.
5. If hijacking incidents frequently occur with your current service provider, consider switching to a more secure and stable provider. Websites with the capability can set up their own DNS services and manage them independently to take control of their risk.
29 Nov 2023 04:49:29 PMIndustry Information
English has 26 letters, does that mean there are 26 single-letter .com domains? Actually, no. Currently, only three single-letter .com domains have been registered: x.com, z.com, and q.com, and they are all used by giant
29 Nov 2023 04:46:10 PMIndustry Information
Recently, the number of transactions involving combination domain names has significantly increased. The word+number combination domain name "hot7.com" was sold for $150,000 (approximately 1.06 million RMB). The four-letter domain name
29 Nov 2023 04:41:22 PMInvestment
We have all witnessed poor domain name choices: hyphenated domains, hard-to-remember domains, clever spellings. Abroad, someone specifically contacted 10 entrepreneurs, asking them about the practical mistakes they made in the domain name
28 Nov 2023 04:06:46 PMIndustry Information
According to leaks from foreign media, Zoom recently sent out notifications via email, stating its intention to upgrade the domain from Zoom.us to Zoom.com, currently reserved exclusively for email purposes.
Recently, Beijing Douyin Information Service Co., Ltd. (abbreviated as ByteDance) completed the ICP filing for the Pinyin domain "zijietiaodong.com."Currently, ByteDance's official domain is: bytedance.com. ByteDance is currently one
Industry Information 28 Nov 2023 04:04:04 PM
A private equity group specializing in consumer packaging has withdrawn its lawsuit against the owner of bansk.com. Bansk Group was established in 2019. The owner, SiteTools, has held bansk.com since 2013 and has monetized it by redirectin
Industry Information 27 Nov 2023 04:43:14 PM
The recently word + letter combination domain LogicX.com was successfully traded for $21,750 (approximately ¥155,000). Registered in June 1998, the appeal of this domain lies in its unique combination, blending the English word "Logic"
Industry Information 27 Nov 2023 04:06:05 PM
On October 27th, a domain dispute involving the "Wyzes.com" domain was resolved in the International Internet Court. The Chinese registrant lost the case, and the domain was eventually transferred to the plaintiff, Wyze Labs, Inc.,
Industry Information 27 Nov 2023 01:59:33 PM
Recently, the ownership dispute over the domain name fox.org between Fox Media LLC and individual Bill Biersdorf has reached its arbitration conclusion. In this intense legal battle, the panel of experts ultimately ruled in favor
Industry Information 25 Nov 2023 04:05:54 PM
Recently, Rey.com was sold for $140,111 (approximately 1 million RMB). Registered in August 2003, this domain carries meanings such as "eye-catching," "hotly debated," and "hotly displayed" in Chinese. In English,
Industry Information 25 Nov 2023 03:53:55 PM